Nanowrimo 2014 – What to write?
So, we have only a few days before Nanowrimo, and I feel like I’m a kid who doesn’t know what costume to wear for Halloween. One of the most important things to do before getting started on National Novel Writing Month is to have a good idea on what you want to write. You don’t want to lose momentum on writer’s block with only 30 days to do 50,000 words.
As each day ticks down, I find myself still uncertain. Here’s my logic so far:
- I’ll need to work on Book 3 of the Charming Tales as Jack Heckel, but John Peck, my co-author, agrees that Nanowrimo has been good to me and that I should participate.
- Whatever I write should be something that I already know and love so I don’t have to spend a lot of thought energy on it.
- Therefore, I should do my superhero team that I did last year, or the Crimson Hawks or Krueger.
- I think the mood of Krueger and the Hawks will take away from my ability to focus on Charming.
- In conclusion, I should write Freedom Squad.
- Finally, I can’t think of a plot for Freedom Squad. ACK!
LOL! Having gone through all of that, I’ll probably write Freedom Squad. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to comment. I don’t mind suggestions. Also, if anyone else is going through a similar issue with decisions, let me know.
Nanowrimo is coming!
Posted on October 28, 2014, in NaNoWriMo and tagged Crimson Hawks, Freedom Squad, Krueger, Nanowrimo, National Novel Writing Month, Writing. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.
You left the perfect opening from last year’s.
“So, have we decided how to solution this?”
“If what we are doing gets out…”
“Sometimes sacrifices are necessary for the greater good.”
“Do we have a test subject?”
“And what are the chances that something can go wrong?”
“Go wrong? Almost zero percent. Remember, the prototypes for this were invented by the CIA. But as a precaution, we need to make sure that this Rigel character never gets close to one of our operatives.”
“Unless she has to be eliminated.”
I think you win, Bill. Thanks! 🙂